Josephson C-42 (pair)
Josephson Cardioid Microphone
FOR HIRE AVAILABILITY
phone: (08) 8330 0427
Josephson Series Four C42
Josephson Series Four microphones are a dependable choice for use in the studio and on stage. The C42 cardioid is the closest thing to an all-around microphone. Applications include acoustic and amplified instruments, ensemble and choir pickups, concert recording, sound effects and vocals. The standard finish is satin machined stainless steel for years of rugged use.
Series Four electronics feature a selected discrete FET driving a fully balanced symmetrical transformerless discrete class-A output stage. The output impedance is low enough that very long cable runs may be used without signal degradation. Although the microphone is specified for full P48 phantom power, it will function with phantom power as low as 24 volts, with some limitation in maximum SPL.
A stereo kit, the C42MP, includes a matched pair of C42 microphones in matte black chrome finish and a protective case. A special high sound pressure level version, the C42H, is available for use in very close sound pickup applications.
- Output Level, mV/Pa: C42 - 8.5, C42H - 0.85
- Frequency Response (at 60 cm): C42 - 40-20,000 Hz, C42H - ±2 dB from curve
- Equivalent Noise Level, A-weighted: C42 - ≤21 dB, C42H - ≤40 dB
- Maximum SPL (with P48 power): C42 - 135 dB, C42H - 155 dB
- Output Impedance:50Ω (recommended load ≥1KΩ)
- Power Requirements: P48 phantom power , 4.5 mA
- Temperature Range: -10 to +50°C
- Dimensions: 21mm diameter , 98mm long
- Weight: 80 grams (< 3 ounces)
- Connector: 3 pin XLR type, pin 2 positive polarity