Recording & Editing Drums
Sat & Sunday 8th 9th July!
Day 1 - Recording Dums
This intensive day course shows you how to pull awesome drum sounds. You will have full access to our recording studio with our experienced engineers. We give you a comprehensive understanding of all of the variable elements that contribute to pulling good sounds through practical hands on application. We supply the band. You just rock up and learn!
The list below is only just the beginning of what we will teach you on the day.
- Mic placement
- Gain structure
- How to tune a drumkit
- Introduction to drumming techniques
- Tips for getting that polished performance from your drummer
- Working with click tracks
- Recording live drums in the studio
- Establishing the right cues and reference environment
- Maintaining consistent sounds (how to avoid drums changing pitch over recordings)
- Introduction to workflow, choosing takes, grouping and basic editing
Day 2 - Editing Drums
This short course is an intensive 5 hours course giving you a comprehensive understanding of editing drums in Pro Tools. You will learn how to get a lot more out of your drums, even if you have started with an average drum performance.
- How to edit drum recordings
- How to splice together the right takes from session playlists
- How to use beat detective to clean up any unwanted discrepancies
- Some tricks to help fix those unwanted blemishes
- How to beef up the kit with it's own sounds
This is an intensive course for people who are serious about great sounding drums.
- Saturday 7th July, 9am - 5pm
- Sunday 8th July, 11am - 5:30pm
Course Duration: 2 days
15 places available
To reserve your spot, add to cart and checkout. When your payment has been processed we will send you a confirmation e-mail and further instructions about what's happening on the day.