dual channel F.E.T compressor, four band equalizer and mic pre-amplifier
FOR HIRE AVAILABILITY
phone: (08) 8330 0427
Toft Audio Designs ATC-2
The ATC-2 is a combined dual channel microphone/line amplifier, F.E.T. compressor and four band equalizer. Because of the wide range of facilities it offers, the ATC-2 effectively provides two complete recording channels. It will take the signal from a microphone or instrument and process it so that it is ready to feed straight into a recording device such as a computer controlled digital audio workstation or analog stor- age device such as a multi-track tape recorder. It can also be inserted into the path of a mixer channel to provide additional signal processing (particularly equalization and compression).
All three sections offer a wide range of control coupled with extremely high quality analog electronics that have a real pedigree. The micro- phone amplifier is the same design as used in Malcolm Toft’s top range of recording consoles, while both the compressor and equalizer sec- tion borrow heavily from vintage Trident designs. It can operate as two separate channels, or by using the compressor ‘couple’ control can be linked so that the stereo image does not shift when compression is tak- ing place (more about this in the compressor section). Because of this feature, it is also possible to connect the ATC-2 across the final mix to add the finishing touches as a mastering tool.
The ATC-2 can be used to provide a pristine signal path of exceptional quality when required allowing subtle control of the audio path, or it can be used to provide extra punch and dynamics to an otherwise lackluster signal.
- Microphone Impedance: >1.2K- ohm balanced
- Line Impedance: >15K ohm electronically balanced
- Instrument Impedance: >100K ohm unbalanced
- Microphone Gain: 60dB
- Line Gain: -20 to +20dB
- Instrument Gain: 36dB
- Output Impedances: XLR: <100 ohm electronically balanced Jack: <100 ohm unbalanced
- Microphone Input Noise: Microphone: <-128dBu ref 150 ohm (20Hz-20kHz)
- Line Input Noise: Line: <-75dBu (Eq. In, 20Hz-20kHz) <-70dBu (Compressor In, 20Hz-20kHz)
- Maximum Mic Levels: Mic Input: <+24dBu at all frequencies (Compressor out)<+15dBu at all frequencies (Compressor in
- Maximum Line Levels: Line Input: <+24dBu at all frequencies (Compressor out)<+15dBu at all frequencies (Compressor in)
- Maximum Instrument Levels: Instrument Input: <+24dBu at all frequencies (Compressor out) <+15dBu at all frequencies (Compressor in)